Not only for big corps.
The most famous examples of logo evolution are in general attributed to big corporations and multinationals. This is due to the huge budgets that allow mayor exposition and coordination in the project.
This may have led you to think that a logo or branding evolution is only reserved for big names. Maybe that its costs are out of the reach for the average or small company? luckily this is not the case.
Any small or medium company can invest in a logo evolution as part of the due investments required to maintain and add value to the branding capital.
Having a consolidated and fresh image in the early stages of a company helps to save money on design services and production. That is why usually brand evolutions sync with other print or digital developments.
Fashioning a brand new corporate image, for less or the same cost as to simply print the same designs of old, is possible when we are talking about the scale of small and medium size businesses.
Situations in which you should consider a brand or logo evolution design.
- Changes in management, market or focus.
- Current promotion is ineffective
- Weakness in the brand positioning
- Changes in your market segment or category.
- Your image is too alike to your competitor’s in general.
- The logo is or uses copies of designs already existent or registered
- Change or addition of younger target markets.
- Plain antiquity.